Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Much Awaited First Post!

I've been procrastinating for quite a long time now. I've finally gotten around to posting this much awaited first post. Awaited by whom? I'm not going to flatter myself and claim that thousands of people have been gagging for me to put my thoughts down on paper, but i've been waiting to lift my lazy ass and get into gear.

Well, i know the concept of having two people posting on the same blog is'nt mind boggling and revolutionary but one of the main motivating factors to have both Ani and I post on this one blog, is becoz I really couldn't be arsed to sit and make things look pretty. Thats Ani's job.

If you are one of those readers that I don't know, then let's keep it that way. I'm not going introduce myself. You're probably wondering why our blog is called the 'Adventures of Tintin and Snowy'. Again. If you dont know who's who in the jungle, buzz off. If you are really into reading about people you've never seen or met in your life before, then I know just the blog you should be reading. Please go to saurabhsworld.blogspot.com. He's really a much better read.

Now that the riff raff have gone. Get a load of that. What an arrogant prick I sound like, eh? Yeah, I suppose I am. Honest to god guys, I just couldn't be bothered introducing myself. I've never done it, never fancied doing it, never will. I'm just not one of those guys in KGP who would sit in front of yahoo messenger and randomly go to chat rooms and start chatting. Its actually a skill. Tokas is really good at that. He comes up with the most bizarre chat up lines. I mean, the way he chats with a random girl is amazing. I swear, you can literally almost hear her wet panties slip and hit the floor.

Anyway... we were trying to decide what links to put up on this blog and after racking our brains to see what interested us the most, we came up with ...food!!! Coz unlike most of my friends who are still in university and enjoying, as Saurabh puts it, "sheer decadence & hedonism, iniquity & depravity", Ani and I are tax paying working professionals who have the telly at home to come back to. Our exciting 'things to do together' options have been whittled away to the pursuit of culinary excellence. Why don't I get pissed and rat-assed(british for drunk) with her, you ask? Coz chetas and chechis, I've lately been reduced to becoming tipsy on 2 pints of lager. How the mighty have fallen. I'd like to largely blame my dad for this but Ani also has to take quite a hefty chunk of the blame too. After 4 years of listening to him give me dire warnings which linked virtually every known disease to man with excessive drinking., I've decided to become a virtual teetotaller. Well almost... I mean, drinking wine, port, sherry, pina coladas isn't drinking. Thats just 'unwinding'... certainly not on par with half a bottle of scotch or 12 pints of lager...

Anyway, I digress. Food! Thats what we were talking about. Well, we've put up a few of our recipes which we use quite often. Try them before you comment on them. If you feel that your particular version is better than mine, then we'd be very interested to give your recipe a shot. In due course of time, if I can cajole Ani into typing up more recipes, then we'll put up some of the more exotic dishes that we do. I'd be very interested in unique dishes that you guys make. So please do mail us your recipes.

Just becoz my world revolves around food doesn't mean I'm a fat bastard like Koshy, Pinku and Abilash. Ani and I have been sticking to our New Years resolution and have been going to the gym regularly for the past two and a bit months. Believe it or not, I've actually lost 7 kgs. Thats on par with my malnourished 1st year in college.

Well thats all for now. We've got to get back to ripping off saurabh's blog. We've been blatantly stealing code, but what a relief not to get busted for plagiarism!!!

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2005 11:47 am, Blogger Calvin said...

great to see you guys blogging!! :-)

 
At March 14, 2005 5:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog guys...cant wait for the masala dosa recipe to be posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home