Friday, June 17, 2005

My new house

We've finally completed the move to our new house. The rent is hitting my pocket harder, but its a house that I'm finally proud to call "my home". Its on a steep hill which makes parallel parking a flipping nightmare. Not being a male chauvinistic pig, but honey, Ani, if I'M finding it difficult, YOU sure as hell ain't going to be even ATTEMPTING to park it. She's managed to scratch all four corners of my beautiful Pirate Black Honda Accord on level ground, so on a hill is out of the question. Back to the house...sheesh...I've got an attention span like a rabbit on heat...Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to shooting some rabbit and grilling it over my new barbecue... Oh yeah baby... After two years of using disposable barbecues, I'm the proud new owner of my very own barbecue grill. There's something about barbecuing that brings out the cave man in all of us... Man create FIRE...Man cook MEAT...Man feed woman...woman grateful to MAN...Woman shows APPRECIATION ;)
Right...My house...Its a lovely little house and so much more tastefully decorated than the old place. And I've completely fallen in love with the bathroom. I don't think I've ever been to a nicer bathroom EVER! Now when you get to shit in luxury, you know you've made it. And just when I thought that everything was PERFECT, I stepped into the shower cubicle to have a shower. The dream had to end somewhere. It might as well have happened then, when I was standing shivering in the morning, butt naked. As you turn the dial of the shower anti-clockwise, the most soul wrenching noise occurs. The whole cubicle rattled and shook like there was an inter-galactic war taking place outside my window. It was audible all over the house. Something seriously was wrong. I tried being gentle with the shower and turned the dial slowly and gently and quite imperceptibly. No use. I tried the brute force method and just kicked and banged and turned the dial roughly. No use. Right. Sod it. Take a cold shower. I got the plumber in a day later and the fat stupid man just stood there scratching his head, saying gibberish like "Ummmm", "ahhhh", "blimeey". He turned around and said "Sorry mate, I know its a bit inconvenient, but you've gotta live with it. Unless you want me to take out the whole wall and see what's happening with the piping inside." For Fucks sake!!! Do you expect me to wake up everyday to this incessant droning pipe roar when Ani goes in for a shower? Do you expect me to jump out of my skin every time anyone turns on a hot water tap? Do you expect me to flipping have a cold water shower EVERY BLOODY DAY??? Apparently so. Dickwad. Useless people. The plumbers, the electricians, the carpenters, any labourer here is plain useless. Bring some of them from India and they'll teach these lot a heck of a lot, and at one tenth the cost.
Apart from my hot water troubles, everything else is just fine and dandy.

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2005 4:23 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

somebody say meat?! *grrrrowll*

NB: congrats on the new house

 

Post a Comment

<< Home