Thursday, March 17, 2005

First Impressions

The ever important First Impression. If that's the best impression, then I'm Screwed...Yes...With a capital S. Ani's sister is flying in to the UK tomorrow. We're going down to London to pick her up. Its not the first time that I'm meeting the 'sister-in-law' to-be... I've met her once before at Ani's house where I made an absolute awful impression. Apparently she ended up thinking that I was a snob or too posh or something down those lines. Why? Well, Ani's mum had made Chinese Fried rice and some chicken dish. Now, when we sat at the table, I requested for a knife and fork. Do you guys face the same problem? I can't eat fried rice with my hands. I just can't force my hands into any Chinese dish. Normal rice or biryani or chapatti is fine. I love eating those with my hands. But there's this force field around my hands when it detects Chinese food in the vicinity. Well, everyone else ate with their hands and looked at me strangely. Well, so then later, Ani's sister told her that I was a snob or something. Weird.

The second time I met her, was at my house. Quite a few of the DASA crowd had turned up to my place and Ani's sis accompanied her. Well, I tried to be as casual and 'just-friends' - like with Ani as possible. Maybe it was something in my eyes that gave my feelings away. I couldn't get a moment alone with her coz her sister was sticking to her like glue. I dunno. Somehow, don't feel I did too well there.

Now, I've been trying really hard to get into their family's good books. For mother's day, I even sent Ani's mum a card, though Ani didn't. So finally, I get to meet her sister for the third time and hopefully she's going to judge me with a clean slate.

Knowing myself, I'll probably cock up somewhere. Christ, for the next 15 days, I've got to be a really good boy. That's my most difficult task yet.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2005 3:21 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

LOL.. all the best dude!! :-))

 
At March 22, 2005 4:31 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

dude, your recipe links etc. do not show up on Internet Explorer! or maybe it's just my workstation comps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home