Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sick of invites!

Don't you find email invites really annoying?I mean, how lazy can you be if you couldn't be bothered to manually type out your buddies' birthdays or addresses. One person finds some new idiotic site and then spams his entire address book with requests to 'add yourself to their address book' or to ' help them keep their address book uptodate' or ' help them remember your birthday'. Isn't that bizarre? If they didn't have my correct address already, how did their email find me? If they didn't have my correct address, then I would never have been bothered by their stupid invite. So if they already have my correct address, why do they want me to re-enter my address. Enter it yourself you lazy sod.

I once fell for one of these invites from sms.ac.uk. Here was a so called opportunity to be able to send free texts. Wow. Excellent. Free SMS. So like a tit I entered my phone number in the vain hope of getting free texts. What ends up happening is that I used two or three free texts every day but ended up getting around six or seven texts from sms.ac.uk with jokes and news etc. Granted, the jokes were funny and the news was interesting. But at the end of the month, when my bill came, I found out that the wankers charged me 35p for each text I got and my bleeding text bill came up to around 65 pounds. F*%@IN' HELL. It was such a nightmare trying to unsubscribe and finally I had to change my SIM card.

Never again. I don't care if you want to wish me happy birthday. Put a reminder on your damn phone. That's what the organizer is there for.

1 Comments:

At May 04, 2005 2:36 pm, Blogger d4u said...

Hehehe..i swear..i agree with you..:D!!! Anyways i think birthdays should be remembered and not fed somewhere!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home