Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Busted!

Remember I bragged about my covert operations during the CV show? Well it caught up with me today. Unfortunately for me, our receptionist was out for lunch today and one of the fitters answered a phone call as he was passing by. Whoever it was on the phone asked to talk to George Prakash. Well, he just put the call through to me without even asking who it was. I answered the call and the person introduced himself as Mike and started talking about our company website. You know how it is, when you talk to so many people and you know so many different people with the first name, its difficult to place who exactly you are talking to. I assumed it was one of my associates from a supplier. But then when his questions started being a bit too pointed, I asked him where he was from. He, being quite daft, revealed his company name, possibly assuming that I've never heard of one of our biggest competitors. How brain dead is he?

Well its at this juncture that I clammed up but my mind was racing wondering how much I accidentally gave out. Anyway, the cheeky wanker, went one step further and asked if he could place an order for one of our systems. Well Hell No. I'm not going to assist him in reverse engineering our product. But I just calmly took down his number and said that our Sales Department would be in contact with him as soon as possible.

Yeah right. In your dreams moron.

I know that I gave out my real name at the CV show to his sales man. But I didn't give out my correct company name, correct telephone number or address. How did he track me down? I wonder if there's a mole in one of our clients' offices. Coz only our clients know my name. Hmmm. The plot thickens.

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2005 4:02 pm, Blogger d4u said...

Hmm..interesting!! Sounds almost like a thriller novel..:D!! Will keep reading to know who the culprit is..:p Hope the mystery is solved soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home