Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm Melting!

Living in the UK for the past two years has really made me go soft. Well, pun intended. I admit, I have put on the odd pounds here and there, but to my credit, I am on the way to shedding a lot of it. I've already lost around 6 kgs from the start of this year. Its a slow and arduous path filled with succulent temptations, but one must at least attempt to look good for the wedding album.
What I mean about going soft is how I've acclimatized to the UK weather. Not only do I incessantly talk about the weather, like the British usually do, I've also developed hardly an tolerance for extreme heat. And in this particular case, I'm talking about a sweltering 25 degrees Celsius. I'm not joking. I'm really sweating here. The highest it hit here was around 31 degrees last week and boy did I want to go skinny dipping. Hardly a pleasant sight, but it would have been useful nonetheless. I installed ForecastFox on my Firefox browser and had some fun setting up different profiles of all the places that mean something to me. And to my shock and horror, 25 is the lowest temperature. Trivandrum has a high of 30 degrees this week. Bangy has 28 degrees and Al Ain in the UAE has a whopping 43 degrees. Blistering Barnacles!!! How on earth am I going to go home? Will I be in TVM, dressed in my mundu and jiba and sweating buckets during the wedding?
I remember the KGP days of sweltering 47 degrees with 90% humidity, and us lads would be lounging around in the wing dressed only in our undies...And praying for sweet relief under the useless whirring fans...I'd promised myself that I'd never change after coming to the UK, but I think I have.

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2005 10:21 am, Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

HEY GEORGE!!!!

A very very very Heartfelt Congratulations man! Neitheeer do u scrap on Orkut nor do u have any email contact listed there,so i thought this is the best way!

So 50 days eh? Great for u man! Are u planning to visit India anytime soon??
take care, keep in touch : agsudarshan@gmail.com

 
At June 30, 2005 5:27 am, Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

What's the temperature in Chennai? Then again, dont tell me!!! I think this heat will kill me one day... that is, if others dont manage to before that!

Skinny dipping! Come to Pondicherry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home