Wednesday, May 04, 2005

International Diesel Thief

Everyone left early again today from work leaving me to man the phone in the Tech. Department. I hate manning the phone. You have to pick up the phone and put on a posh phone voice and sound like a secretary. Which I suppose I am. A glorified secretary. Well that whining thread is for another day.

I was sitting at my desk, reading a hilarious forward that Ani sent me about Qantas pilots when there was a series of sharp raps on the office door. Not bothering to go and open the door, I just hollered and told whoever it was to come in. I just assumed it was the post or some delivery boy. Here I was splitting my sides laughing when a shadow loomed over me and looked over my shoulder. Son of a b%$*h. Kind of getting close, for a delivery boy. I turned around, in a mood to give the snooping git a good bollocking, and was confronted by a towering bobby. The first thing that flashed through my mind was how uncool he looked. The cops here are really into their high visibility gear. They wear bright yellow fluorescent jackets and they drive bright yellow painted Land Rovers. I'm quite surprised that they didn't produce bright yellow fluorescent handcuffs. Wondering what was going on, I asked him how I could help him. He asked me if the company owned a white Volkswagen van and quoted the license plate number. I confirmed it. Then he enquired if we filled diesel yesterday. I confirmed that too as I was there with my colleague. He then asked if I knew it was a criminal offence not to pay for diesel after filling up at a filling station. Like an idiot, I said "Obviously". Then he said that we were caught on CCTV camera driving away from the station without paying £73. What? No way. I payed myself. We used the fuel card. And £73??? The van can't hold so much of fuel. He kept on putting pressure saying that the fuel station were willing not to press charges as long as we paid up. Right. Bollocks. This needed sorting. So I called my colleague and went down to the fuel station and showed our bleeding receipt. The stupid bimbo there looked baffled that we could produce a receipt worth only £34 when we were obviously caught on camera. She looked at the time stamp of the stolen fuel and its was at 17:55. And she was looking at the video footage for 4:55 pm. That was her proof. Bloody half illiterate people they employ here in Blackpool. I told her that 17:55 is actually 5:55 pm and not 4:55 pm. She fast forwarded the tape and lo and behold there was another white van...but a Transit van not our VW. What a waste of time.

Exciting though. George Prakash. International Diesel Thief. Working for a company that makes diesel theft prevention systems. How ironic is that?

1 Comments:

At May 04, 2005 4:55 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

hehe, that was funny! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home