Saturday, April 02, 2005

Butterfly Effect

We watched the Butterfly Effect last night though lots of people told us it was a genuinely crap movie. BUT HEY, I've got a low threshold of quality and we had to do something while having our crab meat soup. However, typically, I liked the movie. It's difficult not to please me. It made me think about Chaos theory , the general theme around the movie.

The flapping of a single butterfly's wing today produces a tiny change in the state of the atmosphere. Over a period of time, what the atmosphere actually does diverges from what it would have done. So, in a month's time, a tornado that would have devastated the Indonesian coast doesn't happen. Or maybe one that wasn't going to happen, does. (Ian Stewart, Does God Play Dice? The Mathematics of Chaos, pg. 141)

It made me wonder what I would have changed if I had the opportunity to go back in time. Lots of things sprung to my mind. I could have done a million things differently but if I had done it differently, I wouldn't be here doing what I'm doing now. I tried my best to think of any change I could have done that would have made my past better but kept my present intact, and nothing worked. That's when I realised that I'm truly happy now. I always used to think that I could have done things better, but if I had, I wouldn't be so happy and so in love as I am now. My life is perfect and I don't want to change it one bit.

2 Comments:

At April 02, 2005 7:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, did you like write this post to chk ppl's eyesite or something ??

the letter;s are so small :)
hehehe.

-Shiv.

 
At April 05, 2005 7:44 pm, Blogger Calvin said...

grg!! u did the imposs!! you got shiv to comment!! though i'm surprised he didn't start with "Hi! It's Me, Shiv!" ;-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home